January 29, 2006

How sweet it is to be loved by you...

I'm grateful. Today a group of us who just met each other last tuesday were all together in London. We travelled to visit a church which is being planted in a difficult part of London, it had been a central part of were major rioting took place in the 80's. Its a huge estate, multi cultural with various social problems - drug and gang related no doubt. The church was held in a portocabin type building, there was a sunday school and a small youth group and a service all taking place in the same space in different corners. It was freezing outside but so warm inside. The message preached was about Gideon taking an army of 300 against 120,000 and God equipping them and winning victory through them - all of God's doing through his chosen people. God does it today and in that warm building God was winning souls - and His presence and their servant hearts were tangible. Young teenagers who looked as though they would have no interest in sunday school were humbly listening to a middle aged lady reading from the Bible to them. Was awesome. Loved it - and there was homemade lemon cake with icing and hot coffee in the middle of the service too! Our little group made ourselves at home in the midst of them - we are going back in feburary to be with that church for a week - we are looking forward to it. Our group is all together as we are going through missionary candidates course to join WEC and each go out to different countries to actually be missionaries! Never thought this day would actually arrive! My thought and feeling through out the day was how sweet it was to be loved by God - how sweet it is to love him and I know he is taking me deeper in my bond with him and it truely feels so sweet to my life. I feel like I'm taking baby steps still - and one day I'll know what it actually feels like to win a mighty battle by the hand of the Lord - I'm so glad he is tenderly leading me to that place. He is God and there is no other.

1 comment:

Mary said...

beth, i love this post. so encouraging and pointed at him. thank you.