February 25, 2007

road of hope

I don't think too highly of myself at times, and in some ways there is such a validity in these thoughts – and in other ways I need to find truth to replace wrong ways of thinking about myself. At times a highland or coastal retreat seems the closest thing to rest I could find, at other times a deep understanding of my soul by another looks like the only way of completing “who I am”.

But there is only one narrow and secure path that is my only true journey – and it is not selfish, not futile (2 Peter 1:2-8). Though it is not an easy way to take it is life and life abundant not only for myself but for the glory of God and the blessing of others. The only reason I have hope in this path or even being able to walk this road – despite my thoughts of myself – is because God has made a promise to me – that I believe.

He said "You whom I have taken from the ends of the earth, and called from its remotest parts, and said to you “You are my servant, I have chosen you and not rejected you” do not fear for I am with you, do not anxiously look about you for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, surely I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” Isaiah 41:9-10

1 comment:

MaryD said...

God has chose you, and He loves you, and He will faithfully complete the good work He has begun in you, many years ago. I'm thankful that part of your road was with us at ELWA!!

Love you,
Aunt Mary